Saturday 20 February 2021

An Ode to My Muse

My heart yearns for you; my mind relinquishes all control. 

It is hard to resist your thoughts as the urge arises from my soul!  


I pray for forbearance and don't know for how long I have to toil like this. 

Without you, oh my muse, my state is akin to the absence of water for a fish.


For the ever-thirsty me, you are a dew-drop; you are petrichor. 

My eyes long for your images and heart covets even more.


You are like a full-moon; you are akin to a breeze.

I'm losing my sanity, even my breath is about to freeze!


Goosebumps, pulses out of order, and terrible heartache. 

I know you need time but beware; high is the stake!


It is seldom possible to convey feelings via words. 

Would there be an amalgamation between our two different worlds?

No comments:

Post a Comment